Phew! What a day. I’ve made these notes in the 20 minutes before the Conference Dinner.
- Presenters are really building on each other’s words. deliberately picking up the themes I’ve already written about and reinforcing them with their own take on it. Weaving together the things they’ve heard (especially the keynotes), making new meaning from it. The human/people element really came to the fore today. Generosity, reciprocity, be nice to each other.
- Lots of change management projects taking the same process of dialogue and discussion with the teams to discover many of the same things. Still vital as it’s the people in the organisation who are in the change – helps to feel empowered to make the changes.
- Changes in academic libraries – Experience at BOP very similar to what mine will be (hopefully) similar kaupapa for the organisation. Have got lots of ideas about how to frame the discussion at my kura, some ideas about what I could put forward as the new role for the library.
- “Don’t give up. Don’t ever give up. There’s a reason the change is happening.” Good final presentation words from Will & Christine from VicUni.
- Take control of your own learning. Embrace your failures – may not have worked for you but it might work for me!
- Expanding on the idea of LIANZA approaching the future from a uniquely NZ context – using Te Ao Maori as a basis for tikanga, kaupapa, and kawa for the association. Had a quick chat with someone who might be able to help – great opportunity for Te Ropu Whakahau and LIANZA to collaborate. I have an idea about how to bring a Maori worldview into your organisation by approaching other people in the organisation who are curious about Maori concepts – not worrying if you can’t reach your managers. Build a movement around yourself and the people who are interested as a start. Learning te reo really important – matauranga Maori course valued by participants. build networks and kawa in your own organisation.
- Really noticed the manaakitanga of the Claudelands events team. Quick change of the rooms – efficient, sound like they’re having a laugh while they’re doing it. Invisible and efficient wait staff, visible reception team. Thanks crews!
Open document with the notes from LIANZA13 Day 3. Please add your own notes!